Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Recovery takes Honesty

February 5 - If I am troubled, worried, exasperated, or frustrated, do I tend to rationalize the situation and lay the blame on someone else?  When I am in such a state, is my conversation punctuated with, "He did...," "She said...," "They did..."?  Or can I honestly admit that perhaps I'm a fault.  My peace of mind depends on overcoming my negative attitudes and my tendency to rationalize.

Will I try, day by day, to be rigorously honest with myself?

Today I Pray - May I catch myself as I talk in the third person, "He did..." or "they promised..." or "She said she would..." and listen for the blaming that has become such a pattern for me and preserves delusion.  May I do a turnabout and face myself instead.

Today I Will Remember - Honesty is the only policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment