Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meetings Make It

April 3 -- Reflection of the Day: In almost every instance, the returned slipper says, "I stopped going to meetings," or " I got fed up with the same old stories and the same old faces," or "My outside commitments were such that I had to cut down on meetings," or " I felt I'd received the optimum benefits from the meetings, so I sought further help from more meaningful activities." In short, they simply stopped going to meetings. A saying I've heard at Gamblers Anonymous hits the nail on the head: "Them that stops going to meetings are not present at meetings to hear about what happens to them that stops going to meetings."

Am I going to enough meetings for me?

Today I Pray: God keep me on the path of the GA Program. May I never be too tired, too busy, too complacent, too bored to go to meetings. Almost always those complaints are reversed at a meeting if I will just get myself there. My weariness dissipates in serenity. My busyness is reduced to its rightful proportion. My complacency gives way to vigilance again. And how can I be bored in a place where there is so much fellowship and joy?

Today I Will Remember: Attend the meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment