Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gamblers, Be Honest With Yourself

July 7 - What wonderful things could happen in my life if I could get rid of my natural impulse to justify my actions.  is honesty so deeply repressed under layers of guilt that I can't release it to understand my motives?  Being honest with ourselves isn't easy.  It's difficult to search out why I had this or that impulse and, more importantly, why I acted upon it.  Nothing makes us feel so vulnerable as to give up the crutch of "the alibi," yet my willingness to be vulnerable will go a long way toward helping me grown in the Gamblers Anonymous Program.

Am I becoming more aware that self-deception multiplies my problems?

Today I Pray - May God remove my urge to make excuses.  Help me face up to the realities that surface when I am honest with myself.  Help me to know, as certainly as day follows sunrise, that my difficulties will be lessened if I can only trust God's will.

Today I Will Remember - I will be willing to do God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment