Sunday, July 22, 2012

To Know and To Will

July 22 - Gamblers Anonymous has taught me that the essence of all growth for me is a willingness to change for the better.  Following that, I must have further willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails, and to take courageously every action that is required.

"I am and know and will;
I am knowing and willing;
I know myself to be and to will;
I will to be and to know."
                                      -St. Augustine

Is willingness a key ingredient of my life and the way I work the GA Program?

Today I Pray - I pray for willingness to do what I can, willingness to be what I can be, and - what is sometimes hardest - willingness to be what I am.  I pray, too, for energies to carry out my willingness in all that I do, so that I may grow in the ways of God and practice the principles of the Program in all my affairs.

Today I Will Remember - "I am and know and will".

No comments:

Post a Comment