Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Journey is Not a Resting Place

July 10 - The Gamblers Anonymous Program is a road, not a resting place.  Before we came to this Program - and, for some of us, many times afterward - most of us looked for answers to our living problems in religion, philosophy, psychology, in theories of self-control and personal growth.  Often these explorations of ours aimed at goals that were precisely what we wanted:  freedom, calm, confidence, and joy.  But they seldom provided any workable methods for getting there - for how to get from the doldrums of despair we found  ourselves in to where we wanted to be.

Do I truly believe that I can find everything that I need and really want through the Twelve Steps?

Today I Pray - May I know that, once through the Twelve Steps, I am not on a plane surface.  For life is not a flat field, but a slope upward.  And those flights of Steps must be taken over and over and remembered.  May I be sure that, once I have made them totally familiar to me, they will take me anywhere I want to go.

Today I Will Remember - The Steps are a road, not a resting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment