Monday, August 5, 2013

Be good to yourself


Be good to yourselfAugust 5 - Among the important things we learn in Gamblers Anonymous is to be good to ourselves.  For so many of us though, this is a surprisingly difficult thing to do.  Some of us relish our suffering so much that we balloon each happening to enormous proportions in the reliving and telling.  Self-pitiers are drawn to martyrdom as if by a powerful magnet - until the joys of serenity and contentment come to them though the GA Program and Twelve Steps.

Am I gradually learning to be myself?

Today I Pray - May I learn to forgive myself.  I have asked - and received - forgiveness from God and from others, so why is it so hard to forgive myself?  Why do I still magnify my suffering?  Why do I go on licking my emotional wounds?  May I follow God's forgiving example, get on with the Program, and learn to be good to myself.

Today I Will Remember - Martyrdom; martyr dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment