Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Loneliness is Curable

May 23 - When newcomers to Gamblers Anonymous experience the first startling feeling that they're truly among friends, they also wonder - with almost a sense of terror - if the feeling is real.  Will it last?  Those of us who've been in the Program a few years can assure any newcomer at a meeting that it is very real indeed, and that is does last.  It's not just another false start, nor just a temporary burst of gladness to be followed, inevitably, by shattering disappointment.

Am I convinced that I can have a genuine enduring recovery from loneliness of my compulsive gambling?

Today I Pray - Please, God, let me not be held back by my fear of recurring loneliness.  May I know that the openness that warms me in this group will not suddenly close up and leave me out.  May I be patient with my fear, which is swollen with past disappointments and losses.  May I know that the fellowship of the group will, in time, convince me that loneliness is never incurable.

Today I Will Remember - Loneliness is curable.

No comments:

Post a Comment