Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Choose the Right Road

October 17 - All my life I searched for what would bring me happiness, traveling many roads, fast and slow.  Most of the roads I chose were easier, softer ways, but the destinations were unsatisfying.  I always turned back and chose another - again the easiest road to travel.  I thought they were short cuts, but instead they swung wide of my goals.  When I finally came to Gamblers Anonymous, it was the only road left for me.

In spite of an occasional pot-hole or speed bump, am I convinced that I'm at last on the right road?  Do I travel the GA way willingly?

Today I Pray - Today I wake up with a choice.  Are my actions and thoughts taking me on that road to relapse, or am I talking and walking the road of recovery?  May I ask my Higher Power for directions, because I am no longer the sole guide of my life.  May I ask no other road sign of progress than a smile I can honestly mean and a clear eye and a mind that can, at last, touch reality.  May my own joy be my answer to my question, "Have I chosen the right road?"

Today I Will Remember - Miracles mark our progress.  Who needs more?

No comments:

Post a Comment