Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Live in the Now, Don't Make Lists for Others

October 9 - I remember once hearing someone in the Gamblers Anonymous Program say, "Life is a series of agreeing or disagreeing with the universe."  There is much truth in that statement, for I'm only a small cog in the machinery of the universe.  When I try to run things my way, I'll experience only frustration and a sense of failure.  If, instead, I learn to let go, success will assuredly be mine.  Then I'll have time to count my blessings, work on my shortcomings, and live fully and richly in the Now.

Do I believe that what I am meant to know I will know if I practice the Eleventh Step - praying only for the knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out?

Today I Pray - May I take my direction from the Eleventh Step - and not fall into my usual habit of making itemized lists for God of all my please and entreaties and complaints.  May I no longer second-guess God with my specific solutions, but pray only that His will be done.  May I count my blessings instead of my beseechings.

Today I Will Remember - Stop list-making for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment