Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Helpless, Hopeless, Powerless ... No MORE

September 19 - It's still not exactly a "piece of cake" for me to accept today's occasional pain and anxiety with any great degree of serenity, but I'm increasingly able to be thankful for a certain amount of pain.  In the Gamblers Anonymous Program, we find the willingness to do this by going over the lessons learned from past sufferings - lessons which have led to the blessings we now enjoy.  We can remember how the agonies of our gambling days - and the pain of rebellion and bruised pride - have often led us to God's grace, and thus to new freedom.

Have I thanked my Higher Power for the miracle of my life this day?

Today I Pray - When I was helpless, I asked God for help.  When I was hopeless, I reached out for His hope.  When I was powerless over my compulsive gambling, I asked to share His power.  Now I can honestly thank God that I was helpless, hopeless, and powerless, because I have seen a miracle.

Today I Will Remember - From powerless highs and lows to a Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment