Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rid All Compulsive Thinking

September 22 - For a considerable period of time after I reached Gamblers Anonymous, I let things I couldn't do keep me from doing the things I could.  If I was bothered by what a speaker or other people said, I retreated, sulking, into my shell.  Now, instead of being annoyed or defensive when someone strikes a raw nerve, I try to welcome it - because it allows me to work on my attitudes and perceptions of God, self, other people, and my life situation.  We may no longer gamble compulsively, but we sometimes have a compulsive thinking problem.

Am I willing to grow - and grow up?

Today I Pray - May God give me courage to test my new wings - even a feather at a time.  May I not wait to be entirely whole before I re-enter the world of everyday opportunity, for recovery is ongoing and growth comes through challenges.  May I no longer make desperate stabs at perfection, but keep my aims of sight and develop as I live - a day at a time.

Today I will Remember - Things I can't do should not get in the way of things I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment