Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Gamblers Pain has Uses

September 15 - No one welcomes pain with open arms, but it does have its uses.  Just as physical pain serves as a warming that we may be suffering a bodily illness, so can emotional pain be a useful sign that something is wrong - as well as a warming that we need to make a change.  when we can meet pain without panic, we can learn to deal with the cause of the hurt, rather than running away.

Can I bear some emotional discomfort?  Am I less fragile than I once believed?

Today I Pray - I pray I may be better able to face hurt or pain, now that I am getting to know reality - good and bad.  I sincerely pray that my tendency to be super sensitive will disappear, that people will not feel they must treat me like blown lass, which could shatter at a puff of criticism.

Today I Will Remember - Throw away my stamp:  "Fragile - Handle with Care."

No comments:

Post a Comment