Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pain is the Price of Admission

September 18 - In every story we hear from others in Gamblers Anonymous, pain has been the price of admission into a new life.  But our admission price purchased far more than we expected.  It led us to a degree of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain.  And, in time, we begin to fear pain less, and desire humility more than ever.

Am I learning to "sit loosely in the saddle," making the most of what comes and the least of what goes?

Today I Pray?  If God's plan for us is spiritual growth, a closer alliance with His principles of what is good and what is true, when may I believe that all my experiences have added up to a new and improved me.  May I not fear the lessons of pain.  May I know that I must continue to grow through pain, as well as joy.

Today I Will Remember - I hurt; therefore I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment