Monday, September 17, 2012

Remain a Good Teacher

September 17 - When I see new members come into Gamblers Anonymous, I am reminded first of the pain and unmanageable mess I found myself in, and then the hope I felt once I became willing to accept the Gamblers Anonymous Program.  When I see and hear the Old Timers, some with twenty years or more in GA, I am reminded that, if I am to continue to recover, I need to make this Program part of my daily life.  Although I cannot forget yesterday, TODAY must be my main focus.

Do I know that if I make the GA Program part of my life today, I need not worry about the future or be burdened with regrets from the past?

Today I Pray - Make me doubly willing - to share my experiences with new members and to listen to those more experienced than I.  Newcomers and Old Timbers both offer me valuable lessons, if I will just listen and learn.  Help me to learn more so that I may offer more.

Today I Will Remember - A good teacher remains teachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment