Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Part Good, Part Bad...Dont' make excuses for compulsive gambler

June 11 - Guilt is a cunning weapon in the armory of the compulsive gambler.  We can use the weapon against ourselves in many subtle ways; it can be deftly wielded, for example, in an attempt to convince us that the Gamblers Anonymous Program doesn't really work.  I have to protect myself constantly against guild and self-accusations concerning my past.  If necessary, I must constantly "re-forgive" myself, accepting myself as a mixture of good as well as bad.

Am I striving for spiritual progress?  Or will I settle for nothing less than the human impossibility of spiritual perfection?

Today I Pray - May I look inside myself now and then for any slow-burning, leftover guilt that can, when I'm unwary, damage my purpose.  May I stop kicking myself and pointing out my own imperfections - all those lesser qualities which detract from the ideal and "perfect" me.  May I no longer try to be unreachably, inhumanly perfect, but just spiritually whole.

Today I Will Remember - I am human - part good, part not-so-good.

No comments:

Post a Comment