Monday, June 4, 2012

Accept the New You

June 4 - Acceptance is a key.  Too often I was unable to accept who I was, and therefore it was impossible to accept others.  Before coming to Gamblers Anonymous, I hid from the truth because I was afraid of it.  Now with the help of my GA brothers and sisters, I can walk through it.  Today I actually find comfort in knowing the truth.  I'm trying to go in the right direction - and that's enough for me. 

Do I accept who I was, with all my shortcomings, and who I am trying to be?

Today I Pray - God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change - the past with its miseries and restlessness, and the burdens that are left over from my gambling days.  May my acceptance of things past be a basis for building a new life - a life I not only accept, but celebrate.

Today I Will Remember - Acceptance is a key to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment