Friday, June 1, 2012

Love the Best in Others

June 1 - Slowly, but surely, I'm becoming able to accept other people's faults as well as their virtues.  The Gamblers Anonymous Program is teaching me to "always love the best in others - and never fear the worst."  This is hardly an easy transition from my old way of thinking, but I'm beginning to see that all people - including me - are to some extent emotionally ill as well as frequently wrong. 

Am I approaching true tolerance?  Am I beginning to see what real love actually means?

Today I Pray - May God give me tolerance for any shortcomings or sick symptoms or insensitivities of others, so that I can love the qualities that are good in them.  May God instruct me in the truest meaning of love - which must also include patience.  May I not overlook the faults of those I love, but may I try to understand them.

Today I Will Remember - Love is understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment