Saturday, June 2, 2012

"We Care and We Love"

June 2 - In the process of learning to love myself and, in turn, to love others freely with no strings attached, I've begun to understand these words of St. Augustine:  "Love slays what we have been, that we may be what we were not."  More and more, I feel the enormous power of such love in the Gamblers Anonymous Program; for me, the words "we care" also mean "we love."

Just for today, will I try to be loving in every thought and action?

Today I Pray - I pray that I may feel the enormity of the power of the love I find in Gamblers Anonymous.  May my own caring be added to that great energy of love that belongs to all of us.  May I care with my whole heart that my fellow members maintain their abstinence from gambling and are learning to live with it comfortably and creatively.  May I never doubt that they care the same way about me.

Today I Will Remember - Caring makes it happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment