Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Father's Day "One Day at a Time"

Father's Day - I know deep in my heart that a father's job is to ensure that one day his children no longer need him.  Given the deep and endless love a father has for his children, this is truly a humbling and selfless task.  To most men this is second nature.  Unfortunately, during the cloudy haze of compulsive gambling, selfless acts vanish.  The concept of humility and doing for others disappears.  Many a father has lost the privilege of raising his children and many more fight to retain it.

Today I Ask Myself - Have I begun to shake the clouded haze?  Have I begun to remember what is truly of value?  Am I following the steps - ridding my character defects - becoming a better man?  Am I using all my resources to accomplish this?

Today I Pray - Let me see clearly that selfless acts will only serve to heal me.  Guide me back into the lives of those I can still positively affect.  Help my fallen brothers recover and reunite.

~d.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment