Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tact vs. Dishonesty

June 20 - When we take the Ninth Step, we must be willing to be absolutely honest.  Obviously, though, indiscriminate "absolute honesty" would blow the room off many a house and entirely destroy some relationships.  We must hold nothing back through deceit and pride; we may need to hold something back through discretion and consideration for others.  Just when and how we tell the truth - or keep silent - can often reveal the difference between genuine integrity and none at all.

Am I grateful for the products of truth, which, through the grace of God, I have been privileged to receive?

Today I Pray - May I have the wisdom to know the fine line difference between tact and dishonesty.  In my eagerness to make restitution, may I not be the charmer, the flatterer, or the crawler who insists, "You're so good, and I'm so bad."  All are forms of dishonesty and hark back to the role-playing days of my active gambling addiction.  May I recognize them.

Today I Will Remember - Tact is honest selectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment