Friday, January 4, 2013

Gamblers' Heart Beared Much Heavier Hurt

January 4 - For a good part of my life, I saw things mostly in negative terms. Everything was serious, heavy, or just plain awful.  Perhaps now I can truly change my attitude, searching our the winners in the GA Program who have learned how to live comfortably in the real world without gambling.

If things get rough today, can I take a quiet moment and say to myself, as the philosopher Homer once said, "Bear patiently, my heart - for you have suffered heavier things"?

Today I Pray - May the peace of God that passes all human understanding fill the place within me that once harbored my despair.  May an appreciation for living - even for life's trials - cancel out my old negative attitudes. During heart-heavy moments, help to remind me that my heart was once much heavier still.

Today I Will Remember - I am a winner - in the best sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment