Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Day at a Time for This New Year

January 1 - In the old days, I saw everything in terms of forever.  Endless hours were spent rehashing old mistakes.  I tried to take comfort in the forlorn hope that tomorrow "would be different."  As a result, I lived a fantasy life in which happiness was all about nonexistent.  No wonder I rarely smiled and hardly ever laughed aloud.

Do I still think in terms of forever?

Today I Pray - May I set my goals for the New Year not at the year long mark, but one day at a time.  My traditional New Year's resolutions have been so grandly stated and so soon broken.  Let me not weaken my resolve by stretching it to cover "forever" - or even one long year.  May I reapply it firmly each new day.  May I learn not to stamp my past mistakes with the indelible word, "forever." Instead, may each single day in each New Year be freshened by my new found hope.

Today I Will Remember - Happy New Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment