Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gambling Abstinence is an Ongoing Miracle

January 30 - Have I gained freedom simply because one day I was weak and the next day I became suddenly strong?  Have I changed from the helpless and hopeless person I once seemed to be simply by resolving, "from now on, things will be different"?  Is the fact that I am more comfortable today than ever before the result of my own will power?  Can I take credit for pulling myself up by my own boot straps?  I know better, for I sought refuge in a Power greater than myself - a Power that is still beyond my ability to visualize.

Do I consider the change in my life a miracle far beyond the working of any human power?

Today I Pray - As the days of abstinence lengthen, and the moment of decision becomes father behind me, may I never lose sight of the Power that changed my life.  May I remember that my abstinence is an ongoing miracle, not just a once in a lifetime transformation.

Today I Will Remember- Life is an ongoing miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment