Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reprogram Gambling Brain

January 17 - I have been told over and over that I must constantly work to give up my old ideas.  "That's easy for you to say," I've sometimes thought.  All my life, I have been programmed, computer-style; specific inputs brought forth predictable responses.  My mind still tends to react as a computer reacts, but I am learning to destroy the old tapes and literally reprogram myself.

Am I fully willing to abandon my old ideas?  Am I being fearless and thorough on a daily basis?

Today I Pray - Help me to take inventory each day of my stock of new, healthy thoughts, throwing out the old ones as I happen upon them without regret or nostalgia.  For I have outgrown those old ideas, which are as scuffed and run-over as an old pair of shoes.  Now, in the light, I can see that they are filled with holes.

Today I Will Remember - The Program reprograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment