Thursday, January 10, 2013

Serenity Prayer

January 10 - Since I came to GA, I've become increasingly aware of the Serenity Prayer.  I see it on literature covers, the walls of meeting rooms, and in the homes of new found friends.  "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Do I understand the Serenity Prayer?  Do I believe in its power and repeat it often?  Is it becoming easier for me to accept the things I cannot change?

Today I Pray - God grant that the words of the Serenity Prayer never become mechanical for me or lose their meaning in the lulling rhythms of repetition.  I pray that these words will continue to take on new depths of significance as I fit life's realities to them.  I trust that I may find the solutions I need in this prayer, which, in its simplicity, encompasses all of life's situations.

Today I Will Remember - Share the prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment