Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You Are No Longer Alone

May 15 - Looking back at those last desperate days before I came to Gamblers Anonymous, I remember more than anything the feeling of loneliness and isolation.  Even when I was surrounded by people, including my own family, the sense of "aloneness" was overwhelming.  Even when I tried to act sociable and wore the mask of cheerfulness, I usually feld a terrible anger at not belonging.

Will I ever forget the misery of being "alone in a crowd"?

Today I Pray - I thank God for the greatest single joy that has come to me outside of my abstinence from gambling - the feeling that I am no longer alone.  May I not assume that loneliness will vanish overnight.  May I know that there will be a lonely time during recovery, especially since I must pull away from my former gambling buddies.  I pray that I may find new friends who are recovering.  I thank God for the Gamblers Anonymous Fellowship.

Today I Will Remember - I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment