Saturday, May 19, 2012

What Lies Within Us?

May 19 - "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us," wrote Oliver Wendell Holmes.  I was never able to look at what was within me until I came to Gamblers Anonymous and heard my story told.  Then I no longer had my "uniqueness" to hide behind.  What was more, the person seemed a lot happier telling it than I was hearing it.  I was jealous of a winner - always had been - so I began, ever so slowly, to tell my own story.

Am I surprised today that all that was within me could possibly have been kept secret so long from the outside world?

Today I Pray - Regardless of what lies ahead or behind me, may I remember that I must have God within me to guide me through difficult situations. When I am not in a difficult situation, may I thank God - and know that He is the reason I am where I am today.

Today I Will Remember - to make room for God within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment