Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We are NOT Superior

May 2 - When I was gambling, I was certain my intelligence, backed by will power, could properly control my inner life and guarantee me success in the world around me.  This brave and grandiose philosophy, by which I played God, sounded good in the saying, but it still had to meet the acid test:  how well did it actually work?  One good look in the mirror was answer enough.

Have I begun to ask God each day for strength?

Today I Pray:  May I stop counting on my old standbys, my "superior intelligence" and my "will power," to control my life.  I used to think, with those two fabulous attributes, that I was all-powerful.  May I not forget, as my self-image is restored, that only through surrender to a Higher Power will I be given the power that can make me whole.

Today I Will Remember:  Check for "head-tripping."

No comments:

Post a Comment